qemu-devel

Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:07:57 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Peter Maydell wrote:
Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

The "How to submit a patch" page at
https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#If_your_patch_seems_to_have_been_ignored
says to send patchew URL with pings. Does that make it "official"?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan

(Personally I am in the "occasionally it's useful for finding
a patch which didn't get archived by patchew or the 'patches'
tool for some reason" camp at the moment.)