qemu-devel

issue with meson and recursion: negation missing in add?

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: issue with meson and recursion: negation missing in add?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 23:23:07 +0100

Hi Paolo,

I don't know how to handle an issue in the current way we are using meson with
recursion, ie always recursing,
and testing multiple options inside the recursed directory.

In the case of ARM, we have:

target/arm/tcg/meson.build,

where I need to check all the time for TCG, given our current standard of
always recursing.

Besides being error-prone to always remember to check for CONFIG_TCG,

how do I add some object conditionally on whether CONFIG_TCG is true, but
TARGET_AARCH64 is false?

I'd need something like:

arm_ss.add(when: [!TARGET_AARCH64,'CONFIG_TCG'], if_true: files(
  'tcg-cpu-models.c',
))

but the negation !TARGET_AARCH64 is a syntax error... is there any way to
negate the condition?

Also as we nest directories more and more, it seems to me that this becomes
more and more confusing.

How about dropping the idea to recurse always unconditionally?

Thanks!

Claudio

--
Claudio Fontana
Engineering Manager Virtualization, SUSE Labs Core

SUSE Software Solutions Italy Srl