qemu-devel

Re: IPMI Smbus

From: Patrick Venture
Subject: Re: IPMI Smbus
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 10:06:09 -0700

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:54 AM Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 09:04:35AM -0700, Patrick Venture wrote:
> > Corey;
> >
> > I saw you have a branch that is working on adding smbus IPMI support
> > (the ssif approach).
> >
> > Can you provide details on the status of this work?
>
> There is already an SMBus BMC device that can sit on the I2C bus.  It's
> in mainstream qemu now.

This device:

github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/hw/ipmi/smbus_ipmi.c

So this device gets added to the BMC's i2c, and it's just that there's
no host-side support to then master this device?  in a multi-node
simulation.

I'm asking because my team is currently working on implementing ssif
support (between two nodes).