qemu-devel

Upstream bug comments on the mailing list and Launchpad

From: Kashyap Chamarthy
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:49:54 +0200

Hi, folks —

Many here know that upstream bugs from launchpad get replicated to
'qemu-devel'.  But the catch is that it only happens if you _also_ have
an account on Launchpad with the same email address with which you're
replying on the list.  This is easy to forget.

So a QEMU developer without a Launchpad account might give a detailed
response to a bug on the list.  But the bug reporter isn't subscribed to
the list (which is fine; and is expected behaviour).

    <... a few weeks later ... >

The bug reporter thinks: "no one responded to my bug".  Meanwhile, the
detailed comment from the developer is languishing on the list.

PS: I recall there was discussion on the list of moving to a different
    GitLab tracker.  As Thomas Huth mentioned on IRC, more people seem
    to have account on GitLab than on Launchpad.

--
/kashyap