qemu-devel

Re: any remaining for-6.0 issues?

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: any remaining for-6.0 issues?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 11:38:09 +0100

On 17/04/2021 20:46, Peter Maydell wrote:

On 14/04/2021 13:48, Thomas Huth wrote:
I've seen some intermittend, non-reproducible crashes with usermode QEMU in
some of
my CI runs, e.g.:

https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu/-/jobs/1178256498#L3876

https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu/-/jobs/1146276208#L3241

This was only with ccache enabled, so I thought that it might be related to my
work-in-progress ccache patches...

... but now Cornelia reported that she has seen such a crash in one of her
branches,
too (which is completely unrelated to my ccache patches):

https://gitlab.com/cohuck/qemu/-/jobs/1178860927#L3867

That makes me wonder whether we currently have a real problem with user-mode in
the
master branch? Did anybody else see such problems?

I've definitely seen the same issue as Cornelia in my Gitlab CI builds for the
ESP
security fixes (first version of which appeared just before rc0). The user
builds
always fail on "run-tcg-tests-s390x-linux-user" for me.

Do we have any better understanding yet of the cause here?
(I ask because I think we're going to need an rc4 for other reasons,
so if there's a ready-to-go fix then we could consider it.)

I don't think so. I tried a run with a possible candidate patch reverted (see https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-04/msg02345.html) but Cornelia's response indicates that the result is still inconclusive :(

ATB,

Mark.