qemu-devel

Re: USB-MSD non-functional after merging v5.1 to v6.x (seems to be inter

From: VintagePC
Subject: Re: USB-MSD non-functional after merging v5.1 to v6.x (seems to be internal USB stack issue?)
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 11:34:18 +0000

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for the reply!

> Is this reproducable on master branch somehow?

Interesting thought... I initially hadn't considered it very much because I've
got a bit of tunnel vision with my fork  - but perhaps having a go with the
RPi2 which uses the DWC2 subsystem may manifest something similar since I made
some use of that as a comparison when first implementing the F4xx subsystem.
I'll give it a try and report back.

> Try run qemu with valgrind to see if there is any memory corruption?

> Oh, that is easy, all usb devices have a pcap=<file> property to write
> out traces which you can then open in wireshark.

Thank you - I'll report any findings of interest. I'm hoping either of these
may reveal something more specific about the nature of the issue.

~ VintagePC

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.