qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/13] Testing, build system and misc patches

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/13] Testing, build system and misc patches
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 17:35:10 +0100

Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> writes:

> On 03/09/2021 15.22, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Sept 2021 at 13:49, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> the following changes since commit 59a89510b62ec23dbeab8b02fa4e3526e353d8b6:
>>>
>>>    Merge remote-tracking branch
>>> 'remotes/stefanberger/tags/pull-tpm-2021-09-01-1' into staging (2021-09-02
>>> 08:51:31 +0100)
>>>
>>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>>
>>>    https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu.git tags/pull-request-2021-09-02
>>>
>>> for you to fetch changes up to c72dc94b74fb1686decc0ca4c2b05e5bf2e5b74b:
>>>
>>>    softmmu/vl: Deprecate the -sdl and -curses option (2021-09-02 14:43:58
>>> +0200)

>>> * Add definitions of terms for CI/testing
>>> * Fix g_setenv problem discovered by Coverity
>>> * Gitlab CI improvements
>>> * Build system improvements (configure script + meson.build)
>>> * Removal of the show-fixed-bugs.sh script
>>> * Clean up of the sdl and curses options
>>>
>> This provokes a new warning from meson on a linux-static build:
>> Run-time dependency appleframeworks found: NO (tried framework)
>> Library rt found: YES
>> Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (0.29.1)
>> WARNING: Static library 'gbm' not found for dependency 'gbm', may not
>> be statically linked
>> Run-time dependency gbm found: YES 20.0.8
>> Dependency libpng found: YES 1.6.34 (cached)
>> Dependency libjpeg found: YES unknown (cached)
>> If we're building statically and we can't find a static
>> library then (a) we shouldn't print a WARNING and
>> (b) we shouldn't then conclude that we've found gdm.
>
> Hmmm, no clue what's wrong here, since I basically did declare it like
> all other libraries are declared, too (so this problem should have
> shown up somewhere else already?)... Paolo, do you have any ideas
> what's going on here?

In attempting to replicate I found all the dynamic libs blow up:

  Run-time dependency pixman-1 found: YES 0.40.0
  Library aio found: Y
  Run-time dependency zlib found: YES 1.2.1
  Run-time dependency liburing found: NO (tried p
  Run-time dependency libxml-2.0 found: YES 2.9.1
  Run-time dependency libnfs found: YES 4.0.0
  Run-time dependency appleframeworks found: NO (tried f
  Run-time dependency libseccomp found: YES 2.5.1
  Has header "cap-ng.h" : Y
  Library cap-ng found: Y
  WARNING: Static library 'xkbcommon' not found for dependency 'xkbcommon', may
not be statically l
  Run-time dependency xkbcommon found: YES 1.0.3
  Library rt found: Y
  Run-time dependency libiscsi found: YES 1.19.0
  Run-time dependency libzstd found: YES 1.4.8
  WARNING: Static library 'virglrenderer' not found for dependency
'virglrenderer', may not be statically l
  Run-time dependency virglrenderer found: YES 0.8.2
  WARNING: Static library 'nghttp2' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not
be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'rtmp' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not be
statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'psl' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not be
statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'gssapi_krb5' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may
not be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'krb5' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not be
statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'k5crypto' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may
not be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'lber' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not be
statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'ldap' not found for dependency 'libcurl', may not be
statically l
  Run-time dependency libcurl found: YES 7.74.0
  WARNING: Static library 'udev' not found for dependency 'libudev', may not be
statically l
  Run-time dependency libudev found: YES 2
  Library mpathpersist found: N
  Run-time dependency ncursesw found: YES 6.2.2
  Has header "brlapi.h" : Y
  Library brlapi found: Y
  ../../meson.build:680: WARNING: could not link brlapi, d
  sdl2-config found: N
  Run-time dependency sdl2 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and config-t
  Library rados found: N
  Has header "rbd/librbd.h" : Y
  Library rbd found: N
  WARNING: Static library 'gfapi' not found for dependency 'glusterfs-api', may
not be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'glusterfs' not found for dependency 'glusterfs-api',
may not be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'gfrpc' not found for dependency 'glusterfs-api', may
not be statically l
  WARNING: Static library 'gfxdr' not found for dependency 'glusterfs-api', may
not be statically l
  Run-time dependency glusterfs-api found: YES 7.9.2
  Has header "bzlib.h" : Y
  Library bz2 found: YES
  Has header "lzfse.h" : NO

So is this a general problem with static libs. BTW I didn't catch this
because I only build user with --static as I thought system --static was
flakey anyway.

--
Alex Bennée