qemu-devel

Re: Virtualizing HP PA-RISC unix station other than B160L

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: Virtualizing HP PA-RISC unix station other than B160L
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 15:24:22 +0200

On Sun, 5 Sep 2021, 10:30 , <thierry.briot@gmail.com> wrote:

Hie Richard,

For my company (Nexter Systems, France), I am using qemu-system-hppa for virtualizing HP PA-RISC workstations. That works well. You have made a very good job !

But my machines are other than B160L (for example B180L), and I have to completely reinstall HP-UX on each emulated machine.

If I do an iso system disk image of my B180L, this iso isn't bootable on qemu-system-hppa.

Thus, my questions are :

  • Is it planned to emulate other HP unix workstations than B160L (for example B180L) ?
  • Or, what changes should I make to my iso image to do it usable ? If I replace the /boot filesystem of the B180L image with the B160L one, I get a kernel panic at boot time.
Helge is the one that did all the hw support, I just did the CPU. There are no real plans to do another machine. I'm not familiar with the specs between the HP machines to know how much work that would be.

r~