qemu-devel

Re: can QEMU's arm smmu model handle non-PCI devices?

From: Eric Auger
Subject: Re: can QEMU's arm smmu model handle non-PCI devices?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:40:18 +0200

Hi Peter,
On 5/23/22 16:52, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Hi; in real hardware an SMMUv3 might be sat in front of any
> DMA-capable device. Putting one in front of a PCI bus is common
> but not the only use case. Does QEMU's SMMUv3 model handle that,
> or is the implementation currently restricted to only handling DMA
> from PCI devices?
only PCI is supported at the moment. IOMMU MR regions are only created
for PCI devices
(smmu_find_add_as() in hw/arm/smmu-common.c)

As a reminder, Chunming Li submitted several iterations of a series dedicated
to that. See

https://patchew.org/QEMU/1629878922-173270-1-git-send-email-chunming_li1234@163.com/

It is not upstream though.

Thanks