qemu-devel

Re: make -j check failing on master, interesting valgrind errors on qos-

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: make -j check failing on master, interesting valgrind errors on qos-test vhost-user-blk-test/basic
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 12:02:54 +0100

Dario Faggioli <dfaggioli@suse.com> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> On Fri, 2022-05-27 at 10:18 +0200, Claudio Fontana wrote:
>> On 5/27/22 9:26 AM, Dario Faggioli wrote:
>> > >
>> > Yes, this kind of matches what I've also seen and reported about in
>> > <5bcb5ceb44dd830770d66330e27de6a4345fcb69.camel@suse.com>. If
>> > enable/run just one of:
>> > - reconnect
>> > - flags_mismatch
>> > - connect_fail
>> >
>> > I see no issues.
>>
>> On the countrary, for me just running a single one of those can fail.
>>
> Well, but you said (or at least so I understood) that running the test
> for the first time, works.
>
> Then, when you run it multiple times, things start to fail.
>
> That was, in fact, my point... I was making the parallelism between the
> fact running only one of those tests works for me and the fact that
> running the test for the first time works for you too.

Hmm so the qos-test is a bit weird as it:

 - forks itself to run a single subtest (g_test_trap_subprocess)
 - forks itself again for provide the dummy vhost-user daemon
 - as well as the fork/execve for qemu itself

while all the paths used for communication should be unique I wouldn't
be surprised if there is a racey interaction or two in the whole thing.
We even see a bit of this is the fact we don't cleanly tear stuff down
so QEMU sees the vhost-user socket disappear under it's feet.

--
Alex Bennée