qemu-devel

[RFC 0/1] SPI support in QEMU TPM

From: Iris Chen
Subject: [RFC 0/1] SPI support in QEMU TPM
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 19:32:40 -0700

From: Iris Chen <irischenlj@fb.com>

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your comments on the SPI GPIO model. I am working through them.

As for adding support for SPI-based TPMs in QEMU, this RFC patch adds SPI
support in the QEMU TPM implementation via tpm_tis_spi.c.

The QEMU tree already has support for two connection methods to the TPM:
mmio (isa for x86, sysbus for arm) and “spapr”. This patch adds a new SPI
bus implementation for the TPM. Specifically, this SPI bus implementation
connects to the Yosemite-v3.5 model using the SPI-GPIO model sent earlier
last week. I have already tested these implementations locally together
and can verify that the Linux kernel can successfully probe the TPM device
on Yosemite-v3.5 and we can run the TPM command line tools to interact with it.

Please let me know what you think about this!

Thanks,
Iris

Iris Chen (1):
  hw: tpmtisspi: add SPI support to QEMU TPM implementation

 configs/devices/arm-softmmu/default.mak |   1 +
 hw/arm/Kconfig                          |   5 +
 hw/tpm/Kconfig                          |   5 +
 hw/tpm/meson.build                      |   1 +
 hw/tpm/tpm_tis_spi.c                    | 311 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/sysemu/tpm.h                    |   3 +
 6 files changed, 326 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 hw/tpm/tpm_tis_spi.c

--
2.30.2