qemu-devel

Re: Bluetooth support in QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Bluetooth support in QEMU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:05:39 +0100

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 at 16:53, vaishu venkat <vaishu071998@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>             We are currently required to use QEMU for virtualization of
> customized application. The application requires Bluetooth and Wi-fi support,
> as observed below warning,
> qemu-system-aarch64: -bt hci,host: warning: The bluetooth subsystem is
> deprecated and will be removed soon. If the bluetooth subsystem is still
> useful for you, please send a mail to qemu-devel@nongnu.org with your usecase.
>
>  Could you please help us with the support of bluetooth in QEMU.

You're rather late... Bluetooth was deprecated in 2018 for
QEMU v3.1 (hence that warning message), and was subsequently
removed entirely for QEMU v5.0, released in 2020.

The code in QEMU was, as far as we could tell at the time,
basically unused, unmaintained and also broken. It isn't
coming back, I'm afraid.

Do you have an existing application that runs and works with
the bluetooth functionality on the QEMU version you have,
or are you instead trying to get it working as a new thing?
If the former, the answer is "just keep using that old QEMU".
If the latter, the answer is "it never really worked anyway,
so don't bother trying".

thanks
-- PMM