qemu-devel

Re: qemu-system-aarch64: Failed to retrieve host CPU features

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: qemu-system-aarch64: Failed to retrieve host CPU features
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:31:18 +0100

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 at 14:32, Marc Zyngier <maz@kernel.org> wrote:
> But we probably need to handle EINTR when creating the mini VM.

It's easy enough to add a retry-on-EINTR loop to the KVM_CREATE_VM
ioctl in the target/arm/ code. But do we need to do that more
widely ? At the moment QEMU seems to assume that KVM ioctls
will never fail EINTR except for the one special-cased
KVM_CREATE_VM, plus (more obviously) KVM_RUN...

thanks
-- PMM