qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 2/3] edk2: replace build scripts

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [PULL 2/3] edk2: replace build scripts
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 16:49:14 +0100

  Hi,

> The README should mention that you need to use
>
> . edk2setup.sh
>
> first.

The script will do that if needed.

> Also you need to be in the edk2 directory, I think.

Or use the --core switch, or place the location in the config file in
the [global] section.

> It would be good if the edk2-clone.sh script could deal with updating
> an existing checkout so I don't need to remove the old ones each time.

Updating is just "git pull && git submodules update".

> edk2-build.py -c ../edk2-build-config/kraxel/x64.platforms -j30 --silent

That config file expects cwd being edk2-platforms and edk2 being placed
next to it (../ekd2).  edk2-non-osi too.  See the [global] section at
the start of the file.

> BaseTools/BuildEnv: 160: Bad substitution
> Using Pip Basetools
> BaseTools/BuildEnv: 184: Bad substitution
> BaseTools/BuildEnv: 202: -c: not found

Ok, tried updated the script to use bash not sh for that.  Does this
work better for you?

> Do I need to make -C BaseTools first?

No, the script will do that.

> > +import optparse
>
> I think this is obsolete and argparse should be used for new things.
> The conversion is pretty easy.

Done.

> Silent mode still produces output. Can you add a -s alias and also
> make it fully silent?

Well, silent means no output from the "build" command, so the console is
not flooded with build logs (unless there are build errors), output is
written to logfiles instead.

> If the config file is not found, it seems to say nothing, but just
> does not work. It should give an error.

Fixed.

take care,
  Gerd