qemu-devel

Using QEMU how to redirect serial /dev/ttyS2 output of guest machine to

From: Abhishek Singh Dagur
Subject: Using QEMU how to redirect serial /dev/ttyS2 output of guest machine to host machine.
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 18:43:06 +0530

Hi all,

We are using obmc-phosphor-image on an ast2500 board which is trying to communicate with other devices over serial port /dev/ttyS2.
As we are trying to emulate the machine on qemu we need to redirect the request to the host machine so that it can handle this request and return appropriately.
We tried using QEMU options like -serial ,-chardev but still not the concrete way we get to do it.

It will be very helpful if you can provide us some guidance on this.

Thank you,
Abhishek