qemu-devel

QEMU's slow dnf makecache process

From: Joe (Jun-Yan) Chen
Subject: QEMU's slow dnf makecache process
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 08:23:13 +0000

Dear QEMU development Team,

I am using qemu(aarch64, TCG) on X86 server as Kojibuilder(buildfarm), however I found that whenever QEMU download something in new buildroot, it will costs a lot of time in "$dnf makecache" process,(last 7minutes after metadata had been downloaded). I tested that the netio and diskio are not the bottleneck, but the CPU usage is always 100% during this period, and I straced this process(dnf makecache), there's lots of "read()" "write()" "map()" functions had been called.

Is there any method to speed up the process of "$dnf makecache" after the metadata has been downloaded?

Or am I missing something?

I am looking forward your expertise.

Joe

This email and attachments contain Ambarella Proprietary and/or Confidential Information and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribute, copy, or print is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.