qemu-devel

Re: QNX VM hang on Qemu

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: QNX VM hang on Qemu
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:41:24 +0000

Faiq Ali Sayed <faiqueali.109@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> I am facing an issue during booting QNX VM using Qemu,
> I have an image to Boot the VM. and when I trigger a Qemu command to create a
> VM it is stuck.
> I also used a debugger to investigate but I can not see any result by GDB.
>
> Here is the output of first windows
>
> qemu-system-aarch64 -M xlnx-zcu102 -m 16G -serial mon:stdio -display none
> -device
> loader,file=QNX-IFS,addr=0x00100000,cpu-num=0 -drive
> file=/home/faiq/Downloads/install/BootSD/qemu-boot_sd.img,if=sd,format=raw,index=1
>  -boot mode=5 -net
> nic,model=cadence_gem -net nic,model=cadence_gem -net nic,model=cadence_gem
> -net
> nic,model=cadence_gem,netdev=xzynq0 -netdev user,id=xzynq0,tftp=/tftpboot
> -nographic -global
> xlnx,zynqmp-boot.cpu-num=0 -global 'xlnx,zynqmp-boot.use-pmufw=true' -s -S
>
> qemu-system-aarch64: warning: hub 0 is not connected to host network

Is this QNX VM image built for the xlnx-zcu102 board?

> on the other hand, here is the output of GDB:
>
> (gdb) target remote :1234
> Remote debugging using :1234
> warning: No executable has been specified and target does not support
> determining executable automatically.  Try using the "file" command.
> 0x0000000000100000 in ?? ()
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.

You'll either want the debug symbols for your image or tell GDB what the
target arch is. Check you are somewhere sane by doing:

  x/10i $pc

and step through the instructions and see where it goes. If you hit
Ctrl-C are you executing nonsense instructions or in a tight loop
hanging?

--
Alex Bennée
Virtualisation Tech Lead @ Linaro