qemu-discuss

RE: weird translation block execution trace

From: Robert Bu
Subject: RE: weird translation block execution trace
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 10:04:53 +0000

>That does seem a bit odd. If it's 100% reproducible, then try running QEMU
>under gdb and single step QEMU's execution of the TB to see what it's doing.
>(If it's not 100% reproducible, then 'rr' (https://rr-project.org/) may be
>useful in getting a recording of a failing execution which you can then step
>both backwards and forwards in.)
>
>(PS: also, you don't say what QEMU version you're using, so make sure this
>still happens on current-head-of-git.)

Thanks for your response.
Different runs lead to different results. So not easy to reproduce. Thank you
for mentioning rr-project. Maybe, I can have a try. GDB has its own record &
replay function. However, it's too slow and has a record buffer limit.
It's qemu-5.2.0 with some new models added, run with a new virtual machine
(based on the ARM virt machine). I'll try git head to see if the problem still
exists.

Robert