qemu-discuss

RE: how to setup user mode network backend and test it?

From: ckim
Subject: RE: how to setup user mode network backend and test it?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 16:19:58 +0900

Hi, Peter Maydell,

With
-netdev user,id=n1 -device e1000,netdev=n1
And adding this two lines in the init script
Ifconfig eth0 10.0.2.15 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
Route add default gw 10.0.2.2
Made pin to 10.0.2.2 work! (I think I wrongly tried 10.0.2.1 as the router
before)
And also tftp worked with this command.
Tftp -g -r hello 129.254.132.47

/ # tftp -g -r hello 129.254.132.47
[   12.331087] random: fast init done
ETA[   16.403920] random: crng init done
hello                100% |********************************| 3494k  0:00:00 ETA

thanks!
Chan Kim