qemu-discuss

Error : EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_SURFACE when I try to compile qemu on the

From: Mario Marietto
Subject: Error : EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_SURFACE when I try to compile qemu on the jetson nano
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:12:00 +0200

Hello.

I’m trying to compile qemu 6.0 (but also 5.2) from source code on my jetson nano,but I get this error :

$ git clone https://github.com/qemu/qemu.git
$ cd qemu
$ git checkout v5.2.0
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update --recursive
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/qemu-5.2.0 --target-list=aarch64-softmmu,arm-softmmu --enable-guest-agent --enable-vnc --enable-vnc-jpeg --enable-vnc-png --enable-kvm --enable-sdl --enable-gtk --enable-virglrenderer --enable-opengl

    Using './build' as the directory for build output
    The Meson build system
    Version: 0.55.3
    Source dir: /root/Desktop/qemu
    Build dir: /root/Desktop/qemu/build
    Build type: native build
    Project name: qemu
    Project version: 6.0.0
    C compiler for the host machine: cc (gcc 7.5.0 "cc (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0")
    C linker for the host machine: cc ld.bfd 2.30
    Host machine cpu family: aarch64
    Host machine cpu: aarch64
    ../meson.build:10: WARNING: Module unstable-keyval has no backwards or forwards compatibility and might not exist in future releases.
    Program sh found: YES
    Program python3 found: YES (/usr/bin/python3)
    Program bzip2 found: YES
    C++ compiler for the host machine: c++ (gcc 7.5.0 "c++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0")
    C++ linker for the host machine: c++ ld.bfd 2.30
    Program cgcc found: NO
    Library m found: YES
    Library util found: YES
    Run-time dependency appleframeworks found: NO (tried framework)
    Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (0.29.1)
    Run-time dependency pixman-1 found: YES 0.34.0
    Library pam found: YES
    Library aio found: YES
    Run-time dependency zlib found: YES 1.2.11
    Run-time dependency libnfs found: YES 2.0.0
    Run-time dependency appleframeworks found: NO (tried framework)
    Run-time dependency libseccomp found: YES 2.5.1
    Has header "cap-ng.h" : YES
    Library cap-ng found: YES
    Run-time dependency xkbcommon found: YES 0.8.2
    Library rt found: YES
    Run-time dependency libiscsi found: YES 1.17.0
    Run-time dependency libzstd found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Run-time dependency libcurl found: YES 7.58.0
    Run-time dependency libudev found: YES 237
    Library mpathpersist found: NO
    Run-time dependency ncursesw found: YES 6.1.20180127
    Has header "brlapi.h" : YES
    Library brlapi found: YES
    Run-time dependency sdl2 found: YES 2.0.9
    Run-time dependency sdl2_image found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Library rados found: YES
    Has header "rbd/librbd.h" : YES
    Library rbd found: YES
    Run-time dependency glusterfs-api found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Has header "bzlib.h" : YES
    Library bz2 found: YES
    Has header "lzfse.h" : NO
    Run-time dependency gtk+-3.0 found: YES 3.22.30
    Run-time dependency gtk+-x11-3.0 found: YES 3.22.30
    Run-time dependency x11 found: YES 1.6.4
    Run-time dependency libpng found: YES 1.6.34
    Run-time dependency libjpeg found: YES
    Has header "sasl/sasl.h" : YES
    Library sasl2 found: YES
    Has header "snappy-c.h" : YES
    Library snappy found: YES
    Has header "lzo/lzo1x.h" : YES
    Library lzo2 found: YES
    Run-time dependency u2f-emu found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Run-time dependency libkeyutils found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Checking for function "gettid" : NO
    Run-time dependency fuse3 found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Has header "linux/btrfs.h" : YES
    Has header "libdrm/drm.h" : YES
    Has header "pty.h" : YES
    Has header "sys/ioccom.h" : NO
    Has header "sys/kcov.h" : NO
    Checking for function "system" : YES
    Checking for function "preadv" : YES
    Program scripts/minikconf.py found: YES
    Configuring aarch64-softmmu-config-target.h using configuration
    Configuring aarch64-softmmu-config-devices.mak with command
    Reading depfile: /root/Desktop/qemu/build/meson-private/aarch64-softmmu-config-devices.mak.d
    Configuring aarch64-softmmu-config-devices.h using configuration
    Run-time dependency capstone found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Configuring capstone-defs.h using configuration
    Run-time dependency slirp found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    Configuring libslirp-version.h using configuration
    Library fdt found: YES
    Configuring config-host.h using configuration
    Program scripts/hxtool found: YES
    Program scripts/shaderinclude.pl found: YES
    Program scripts/qapi-gen.py found: YES
    Program scripts/qemu-version.sh found: YES
    |Executing subproject libvhost-user method meson
    |
    |Project name: libvhost-user
    |Project version: undefined
    |C compiler for the host machine: cc (gcc 7.5.0 "cc (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0")
    |C linker for the host machine: cc ld.bfd 2.30
    |Run-time dependency threads found: YES
    |Dependency glib-2.0 found: YES 6.0.0 (overridden)
    |Build targets in project: 11
    |Subproject libvhost-user finished.
    Dependency threads found: YES unknown (cached)
    Program keycodemapdb/tools/keymap-gen found: YES
    Program scripts/decodetree.py found: YES
    Program ../scripts/modules/module_block.py found: YES
    Program ../scripts/block-coroutine-wrapper.py found: YES
    Program nm found: YES
    Program scripts/undefsym.py found: YES
    Program scripts/feature_to_c.sh found: YES
    Configuring 50-qemu-gpu.json using configuration
    Configuring 50-qemu-virtiofsd.json using configuration
    Configuring 50-edk2-i386-secure.json using configuration
    Configuring 50-edk2-x86_64-secure.json using configuration
    Configuring 60-edk2-aarch64.json using configuration
    Configuring 60-edk2-arm.json using configuration
    Configuring 60-edk2-i386.json using configuration
    Configuring 60-edk2-x86_64.json using configuration
    Program qemu-keymap found: YES
    Program sphinx-build-3 sphinx-build found: NO
    Program python3 found: YES (/usr/bin/python3)
    Program diff found: YES
    Program dbus-daemon found: YES
    Program initrd-stress.sh found: YES
    Program xgettext found: YES
    Build targets in project: 424
    qemu 6.0.0
      Directories
                       Install prefix: /usr/local
                       BIOS directory: share/qemu
                        firmware path: /usr/local/share/qemu-firmware
                     binary directory: bin
                    library directory: lib
                     module directory: lib/qemu
                    libexec directory: libexec
                    include directory: include
                     config directory: /usr/local/etc
                local state directory: /usr/local/var
                     Manual directory: share/man
                        Doc directory: /usr/local/share/doc
                      Build directory: /root/Desktop/qemu/build
                          Source path: /root/Desktop/qemu
                       GIT submodules: ui/keycodemapdb tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3 tests/fp/berkeley-softfloat-3 meson dtc capstone slirp
      Host binaries
                                  git: git
                                 make: make
                               python: /usr/bin/python3 (version: 3.6)
                         sphinx-build: NO
                          genisoimage: /usr/bin/genisoimage
                                 smbd: "/usr/sbin/smbd"
      Configurable features
                        Documentation: NO
                system-mode emulation: YES
                  user-mode emulation: NO
                          block layer: YES
                        Install blobs: YES
                       module support: NO
                       plugin support: NO
                      fuzzing support: NO
                        Audio drivers: pa oss
                       Trace backends: log
                        QOM debugging: YES
                 vhost-kernel support: YES
                    vhost-net support: YES
                 vhost-crypto support: YES
                   vhost-scsi support: YES
                  vhost-vsock support: YES
                   vhost-user support: YES
        vhost-user-blk server support: YES
                vhost-user-fs support: YES
                   vhost-vdpa support: YES
                    build guest agent: YES
      Compilation
                             host CPU: aarch64
                      host endianness: little
                           C compiler: cc
                      Host C compiler: cc
                         C++ compiler: c++
                              ARFLAGS: rv
                               CFLAGS: -O2 -g
                             CXXFLAGS: -O2 -g
                          QEMU_CFLAGS: -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fwrapv  -Wold-style-declaration -Wold-style-definition -Wtype-limits -Wformat-security -Wformat-y2k -Winit-self -Wignored-qualifiers -Wempty-body -Wnested-externs -Wendif-labels -Wexpansion-to-defined -Wimplicit-fallthrough=2 -Wno-missing-include-dirs -Wno-shift-negative-value -Wno-psabi -fstack-protector-strong
                         QEMU_LDFLAGS: -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now  -fstack-protector-strong
                             profiler: NO
         link-time optimization (LTO): NO
                                  PIE: YES
                         static build: NO
                  malloc trim support: YES
                           membarrier: NO
                       preadv support: YES
                            fdatasync: YES
                              madvise: YES
                        posix_madvise: YES
                       posix_memalign: YES
                    debug stack usage: NO
                      mutex debugging: NO
                     memory allocator: system
                    avx2 optimization: NO
                 avx512f optimization: NO
                        gprof enabled: NO
                                 gcov: NO
                     thread sanitizer: NO
                          CFI support: NO
                       strip binaries: YES
                               sparse: NO
                      mingw32 support: NO
                        aarch64 tests: cc
      Targets and accelerators
                          KVM support: YES
                          HAX support: NO
                          HVF support: NO
                         WHPX support: NO
                          Xen support: YES
                     xen ctrl version: 40900
                          TCG support: YES
                          TCG backend: native (aarch64)
                    TCG debug enabled: NO
                          target list: aarch64-softmmu
                      default devices: YES
             out of process emulation: YES
      Block layer support
                    coroutine backend: ucontext
                       coroutine pool: YES
                 Block whitelist (rw):
                 Block whitelist (ro):
                       VirtFS support: YES
                build virtiofs daemon: YES
                 Live block migration: YES
                  replication support: YES
                        bochs support: YES
                        cloop support: YES
                          dmg support: YES
                      qcow v1 support: YES
                          vdi support: YES
                        vvfat support: YES
                          qed support: YES
                    parallels support: YES
                     sheepdog support: NO
                         FUSE exports: NO
      Crypto
                         TLS priority: "NORMAL"
                       GNUTLS support: YES
                            libgcrypt: NO
                               nettle: YES
                                  XTS: NO
                         crypto afalg: NO
                             rng-none: NO
                        Linux keyring: YES
      Dependencies
                          SDL support: YES
                    SDL image support: NO
                          GTK support: YES
                               pixman: YES
                          VTE support: NO
                        slirp support: internal
                             libtasn1: YES
                                  PAM: YES
                        iconv support: YES
                       curses support: YES
                        virgl support: YES
                         curl support: YES
                    Multipath support: NO
                          VNC support: YES
                     VNC SASL support: YES
                     VNC JPEG support: YES
                      VNC PNG support: YES
                       brlapi support: YES
                          vde support: YES
                       netmap support: NO
                    Linux AIO support: YES
               Linux io_uring support: NO
                   ATTR/XATTR support: YES
                         RDMA support: NO
                       PVRDMA support: NO
                          fdt support: internal
                    libcap-ng support: YES
                        spice support: NO
                          rbd support: YES
                       xfsctl support: YES
                    smartcard support: NO
                          U2F support: NO
                               libusb: YES
                        usb net redir: YES
                       OpenGL support: YES
                                  GBM: YES
                     libiscsi support: YES
                       libnfs support: YES
                      seccomp support: YES
                    GlusterFS support: NO
                          TPM support: YES
                       libssh support: NO
                          lzo support: YES
                       snappy support: YES
                        bzip2 support: YES
                        lzfse support: NO
                         zstd support: NO
                    NUMA host support: YES
                              libxml2: YES
                             capstone: internal
                      libpmem support: NO
    libdaxctl support: NO
                              libudev: YES
                           FUSE lseek: NO
      Subprojects
                        libvhost-user: YES
    Found ninja-1.8.2 at /usr/bin/ninja
    root@zi-desktop:~/Desktop/qemu# make
    changing dir to build for make ""...
    make[1]: Entering directory '/root/Desktop/qemu/build'
    /usr/bin/ninja  build.ninja && touch build.ninja.stamp
    ninja: no work to do.
    /usr/bin/python3 -B /root/Desktop/qemu/meson/meson.py introspect --targets --tests --benchmarks | /usr/bin/python3 -B scripts/mtest2make.py > Makefile.mtest
      GIT     ui/keycodemapdb tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3 tests/fp/berkeley-softfloat-3 meson dtc capstone slirp
      GIT     ui/keycodemapdb tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3 tests/fp/berkeley-softfloat-3 meson dtc capstone slirp
    [1/2649] Compiling C object libcapstone.a.p/capstone_cs.c.o
    FAILED: libcommon.fa.p/ui_egl-headless.c.o
    cc -Ilibcommon.fa.p -I. -I.. -I../slirp -I../slirp/src -I../capstone/include/capstone -I../dtc/libfdt -Iqapi -Itrace -Iui -Iui/shader -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/p11-kit-1 -I/usr/local/include/SDL2 -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -I/usr/include/ncursesw -I/usr/include/virgl -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -fdiagnostics-color=auto -pipe -Wall -Winvalid-pch -Werror -std=gnu99 -O2 -g -isystem /root/Desktop/qemu/linux-headers -isystem linux-headers -iquote . -iquote /root/Desktop/qemu -iquote /root/Desktop/qemu/include -iquote /root/Desktop/qemu/disas/libvixl -iquote /root/Desktop/qemu/tcg/aarch64 -iquote /root/Desktop/qemu/accel/tcg -pthread -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fwrapv -Wold-style-declaration -Wold-style-definition -Wtype-limits -Wformat-security -Wformat-y2k -Winit-self -Wignored-qualifiers -Wempty-body -Wnested-externs -Wendif-labels -Wexpansion-to-defined -Wimplicit-fallthrough=2 -Wno-missing-include-dirs -Wno-shift-negative-value -Wno-psabi -fstack-protector-strong -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR -Wno-undef -D_REENTRANT -DSTRUCT_IOVEC_DEFINED -MD -MQ libcommon.fa.p/ui_egl-headless.c.o -MF libcommon.fa.p/ui_egl-headless.c.o.d -o libcommon.fa.p/ui_egl-headless.c.o -c ../ui/egl-headless.c
    In file included from /usr/include/epoxy/egl.h:46:0,
                     from /root/Desktop/qemu/include/ui/egl-helpers.h:5,
                     from ../ui/egl-headless.c:5:
    ../ui/egl-headless.c: In function ?egl_create_context?:
    ../ui/egl-headless.c:44:38: error: expected _expression_ before ?EGLSurface?
         eglMakeCurrent(qemu_egl_display, EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_SURFACE,
                                          ^
    ../ui/egl-headless.c:44:54: error: expected _expression_ before ?EGLSurface?
         eglMakeCurrent(qemu_egl_display, EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_SURFACE,
                                                          ^
    Makefile:152: recipe for target 'run-ninja' failed
    make[1]: *** [run-ninja] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/Desktop/qemu/build'
    GNUmakefile:10: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2

this error is very similar to this : https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2017-July/019589.html

--
Mario.