qemu-discuss

Qemu aarch64 emulation question

From: David Faller
Subject: Qemu aarch64 emulation question
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 21:51:59 +0200

Dear all,

I have a little question about aarch64 virtualization on x86_host.

At home I build up a virtual machine running aarch64 debian.
My system setup is an AMD Ryzen 5900x.
On this System aarch64 emulation runs really smooth and fine without high cpu usage.

So after I finished my project and moved this VM to our cluster in our company, the the vm is running big slowly and has a high cpu usage.
The servers there uses 2
 CPU E5-2683 v4.

So my big question here is, is there a supported list of cpus where I could determinate if an virtual aarch64 vm will run smoothly ?

Or a list of cpu feature flags when we would like to emulate aarch64?

best Regards and many thanks,

David Faller