qemu-discuss

TPM emulation for Win 10

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: TPM emulation for Win 10
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:16:23 -0400

I'm trying to add swtpm to an existing Windows 10 guest (21H1).

I tried both TIS and CRB device type, i.e.:

<tpm model="tpm-tis">
 <backend type="emulator" version="2.0"/>
 <alias name="tpm0"/>
</tpm>

<tpm model="tpm-crb">
 <backend type="emulator" version="2.0"/>
 <alias name="tpm0"/>
</tpm>

Neither one seems to be recognized by Windows 10. The "Security Processor Troubleshooting" shows "Your device does not support this feature.

I've read other reports that claim that it works for them, so I must be missing some detail, suggestions welcome.