qemu-discuss

passthrough I/O port of host ISA card

From: Christian Eisert
Subject: passthrough I/O port of host ISA card
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 20:27:12 +0200

Hi everyone,

if this is not the right way to ask, please point me to the right forum.

I just bought the follwing industry mainboard which has an ISA slot.
https://ipc.msi.com/product_detail/Industrial-Motherboard/ATX/MS-98L9-V2.0

I would like to pass an old ISA adapter card for an eprommer to a QEMU VM (DOS or WinXP).
http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/all03/source.htm

It is not PnP, doesnt use DMA, just pure I/O, the port can be set with jumpers on the card.

When I boot DOS as baremetal install I can access the I/O port, so there a no drivers or anything special needed.

How can I forward an ISA i/o port to a QEMU VM ?

For a similar board, the CS620-H310 of DFI on their website they have a documentation which says:

"CS620 provides a host image (Ubuntu), which includes hypervisor KVM and let user
install their legacy image. This document will guide user how to install legacy image
and configure ISA device setting"

They also have a documentation which shows the following screenshot of virt-manager

What kind of magic did they do ? What is that pc-isapass-dev? How can I create it ?

Many Thanks,
Christian