qemu-discuss

plugin does not see all memops from x86 rep prefixed instructions

From: Robert Henry
Subject: plugin does not see all memops from x86 rep prefixed instructions
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 03:51:34 +0000

The qemu plugin's callback does not see all of the memops that result from executing an x86 "rep" prefix string instruction.

What's involved in making the plugin see this?

I apologize if I've asked this before.  I trolled the archives, and the closest I found was:
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-02/msg04557.html
and a related question I asked regarding the fidelity of memory traces from ARM64 vector instructions:
  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-discuss/2020-12/msg00013.html

Robert Henry