qemu-discuss

Logging program execution artifacts in TCG

From: Arnabjyoti Kalita
Subject: Logging program execution artifacts in TCG
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 16:34:01 +0530

Hello all,

I have a requirement to record a few artifacts when I start a program
execution in the TCG mode of QEMU. I use 'nochain,exec' debug flags
when starting QEMU in TCG mode. This is for the x86_64 host and target
architectures. I am using QEMU version 5.0.1.

1. sequence of memory instructions [ld/st and virtual address]

2. sequence of instruction accesses [cr3+virtual IP of executing instructions]

3. sequence of annotated instructions [cr3+virtual IP of instruction,
opcode, if ld/st instruction, also virtual address]

I presume that the virtual IP and cr3 values can be obtained through
the "CPUX86State *env" variable that is passed around at translation
time.

But I am not sure how I will be able to do part 1 and part 3 in the
TCG mode of QEMU.

Can you please provide me ideas as to how the artifacts in Part 1 and
Part 3 be recorded?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Arnabjyoti Kalita