qemu-discuss

How to open two shell in QEMU?

From: Taiyu
Subject: How to open two shell in QEMU?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 10:19:58 +0800

I am running linux kernel in QEMU and use GDB to debug it.
My QEMU command is

    qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel ./bzImage \
    -hda ./busybox-1.32.0/rootfs.img \
    -append "root=/dev/sda console=ttyS0" -s -S -smp 2 -nographic

But I am now can only run one shell in the QEMU. And once hits the breadpoint setted by GDB, I could not continue normal operation.
For example, I make breakpoint in `new_sync_read()` and type `ls` in the QEMU. Then it hits the breakpoint and stops.

I hope to run two shell in the QEMU. In the first shell I want to run a program that hits a breakpoint setted by GDB and then stop. In the second shell I want to run another program or continue normal operation.
Would it be possible?