qemu-discuss

Re: qemu and raspberrypi

From: Philipp Ammann
Subject: Re: qemu and raspberrypi
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 17:31:41 +0000

Hi Marco,

I haven't tried it myself but the Raspberry Pi 2 is a supported machine:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ARM

and

$ qemu-system-aarch64 -machine help | grep raspi
raspi2               Raspberry Pi 2

Generally you can follow any tutorial on creating a Raspbian VM using
qemu. It doesn't matter whether the host is an ARM or x86. Also Raspbian
is basically Debian, so most info you find for Debian is likely also
valid for Raspbian.

Good luck
Philipp

— φ