qemu-discuss

Emulation Question

From: Matt Stacy
Subject: Emulation Question
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 10:45:40 -0400

I was wondering when would Qemu support macOS ARM64 (Aarch64) emulation? Like when would we be able to start emulating the new macOS software. My concern is, as soon as Hackintosh isn’t possible anymore, we’d have to go more an emulation route. Qemu is the only emulator that I know of that supports virtual CPU types. Please, if you’re able to save Hackintosh, that would be greatly appreciated.