qemu-discuss

Detecting swapped images in backing chain via qemu-img

From: Plamen Dimitrov
Subject: Detecting swapped images in backing chain via qemu-img
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:04:17 +0200

Hi all,

I apologize in advance if I am missing something obvious but if I have a
backing chain like

A <- B <- C

and for some reason B is swapped with another very similar B layer, can
qemu-img detect this
in some way? I tried using `qemu-img check` replacing B as described but it did
not detect
any errors. I am aware it will detect missing images in the backing chain as
well as wrong
QCOW2 format and other similar problems but how about the above?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Plamen Dimitrov