qemu-discuss

If someone could assist me to get this going

From: IndignantHomeless
Subject: If someone could assist me to get this going
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:52:39 +0000

I don't know if this is the proper  department to contact, but I hope someone can help or forward it where it needs to be.

So I'm an intermediate experience computer person. Meaning I know more than the novice with enough to plug components together to build a computer, format disks with fdisk, install systems, running qemu batches at the library, etc. I have no idea about invalid exception errors or even most of what qemu does in the background.

So here's my scenario. I'm currently incapable of accessing a personal pc device due to homelessness and as such I'm restrained to library resources to which aren't the greatest for virtualizing. See attached jpeg for system information. system information.jpg
Put simply, it has the capacity to virtualize in the cpu and it has ample memory/storage. So, here's my dilemma - friggin apple.

I'm baffled as to how this qemu can emulate 64 bit architecture computers with NO extra requirements on a 32 bit pc, however I can't get this hackintosh mojave to run without installing a kvm.
 https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM
https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM
I've tried all these files without virtual environments on the host pc and in a virtual archman linux environment following all the macOS-Simple-KVM instructions to the letter (only attempted with Mojave). After finalizing instructions and preparing to run "basic.sh" file it crashes every time. I've tried removing some of the boot codes and it still crashes.
I've tried snagging my own clover iso boot file, it won't boot with "mojave.iso" file on host.
I've tried chameleon bootloader and kernel. It says something about can't find mach kernel or can't boot the mojave but recognizes at install point "0,2" of virtual components on host.
I even found a corner of the web pre-configured "usb.img" file with Mojave/unibeast/clover all preloaded and it still won't boot on host.
This is all with usage of "-M q35" and without it and the clover/chameleon/usb wasn't tested on virtual/arch environment.

Any attempts to get it to run haven't been rewarding. I'd be willing to take the libraries performance hit to the virtual system to witness the system in motion and virtualize and I can't even get it to go. The nearest I have is this batch file text I use and it crashes upon attempt to install, so it won't boot (I know, technically it did boot, but that's not a complete boot to my awareness)

@ECHO OFF
START qemu-system-x86_64 -L Bios -m 2048 -M q35 -boot d -cdrom "C:\Users\public.MPLDOMAIN\Downloads\Clover.iso" -device isa-applesmc,osk="ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" -hdb "C:\Users\public.MPLDOMAIN\Downloads\QEMU-7.0\hackintosh\hda.qcow2" -hda "D:\Apple\Mojave.iso" -smp 4,cores=2

Also, on a slightly less important discussion, could anyone explain how to get the Qemu to output a log file into a specified directory? I've tried "-monitor stdio" invoking log page,unimp,guest_errors and it never outputs a file.
I also tried "-D *\a log.txt" (*=variable path directory) with and without premade text file.