qemu-discuss

Re: If someone could assist me to get this going

From: Helge Konetzka
Subject: Re: If someone could assist me to get this going
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 03:38:49 +0100

Hello,

Am 22.12.22 um 21:48 schrieb IndignantHomeless:
That was a very quick nice response! I'll provide some links in this email if you're curious
"

    So here's the recipe in short:

    Windows:
    Install Hyper-V-Manager

" > My issue is due to homelessness and public library restrictions, I'm
incapable of installation of software on the usable computers. If software has a portable option, that could be viable.

Hyper-V-Manger is a part of Windows. You would have to enable the Windows feature and restart the computer though.

This usb.img <http://repository.vshome.net/IOS/> file is totally premade hackintosh Clover/Unibeast/Mojave with many things to get a functional mojave and I used it to get a screen to begin to boot, although no successful installations or complete boots.

I used Clover.iso with "-cdrom" and "-boot d" to get it to system freeze at the apple logo.

It shouldn't need the kvm and that should be able to get it to go, if the "-M q35" option isn't the only one to get it to go. I've tried switching the "-cpu Penryn" for "-cpu Conroe" and it still doesn't boot.

Sorry, but there is still a long way to go to a working macos VM. Without an acceleration technique like kvm or whpx I don't think you will get it running.

Using kvm seems to be the only option, if you want to use QEMU.
On a Windows computer with QEMU, I don't think any other than my proposed approach will work.

Regards,
Helge