qemu-discuss

Need information

From: Gk Gk
Subject: Need information
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 16:54:14 +0530

Hi All,

I am using a python library for libvirt to collect the disk I/O statistics of a KVM guest.
It seems that the virDomainBlockStats function is reading the stats from qemu.
But after the reboot of the guest, the guest OS is zeroing the disk stats and starting anew.
But the virDomainBlockStats is adding the disk stats of the guest ever since its creation and reporting it cumulatively, but not the recent stats after the guest reboot.

Is there a way to tweak the qemu code to reflect the latest block device stats of the guest after its
reboot ? Please help me with this discrepancy....

Thanks
Kumar