qemu-discuss

Re: Qemu Uninstall

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Qemu Uninstall
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 09:48:10 +0100

On Sun, 10 Sept 2023 at 20:52, Narcis Garcia <debianlists@actiu.net> wrote:

> I do with this command:
>
> sudo apt --autoremove remove qemu qemu-system qemu-utils
>
> ...but probably your operating system provides a graphical package
> manager that helps to do it with a single click.

Yes, if you installed QEMU via your distro, uninstall it
the same way. If you're on Windows and installed a
Windows packaged QEMU, it should uninstall in the usual
way for Windows packages. If you built from source
and installed with 'make install' (which I don't really
recommend unless you used a custom install directory),
then 'make uninstall' from the same source/build tree
should work.

(In this respect QEMU is not much different from any
other program, I think.)

-- PMM