qemu-ppc

Re: QEMU PPC VLE support

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: QEMU PPC VLE support
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:50:32 +0100

Cc'ing qemu-ppc list

On 15/12/22 14:37, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
Hi,
I came across this post where Ralf-Philipp is looking for a freelancer
to implement PPC VLE support in QEMU:
https://chaos.social/@rpw/109516326028642262

It mentions upstreaming the code and I've included QEMU PPC
maintainers in this email so they can discuss the project with
Ralf-Philipp. That way the chances of a mergable result will be
maximized.

The Rust aspect is interesting, but QEMU does not have any existing
targets implemented in Rust. It might be a major effort to create the
necessary C<->Rust interfacing, so I'm not sure whether that's
realistic given the timeframe for the project.

Does anyone have time to take on this freelancing project or know
someone who is available?

Thanks,
Stefan