qemu-ppc

Re: [PULL v2 00/35] ppc queue

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 00/35] ppc queue
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 09:42:25 +0300

08.09.2023 07:24, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
On Fri Sep 8, 2023 at 8:15 AM AEST, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
..
The decrementer fixes are good candidates but there are quite a few
patches and you might encounter conflicts.

Decrementer I was nervous about since there were quite a lot of
interacting issues. Decrementer has worked okay for a while, so
even though there are some bugs, they're mostly in edge cases
that most OSes don't hit or care so much about.

Possibly the decrementer migration patch could be a candidate.

In any case I would like them to get more testing upstream for
a while first.

Yeah, got it, thank you for the explanation! Let's see how it goes.

or some of these:

   ppc/vof: Fix missed fields in VOF cleanup

vof patch I think is a candidate. Simple and fixes leaks.

   spapr: Fix machine reset deadlock from replay-record
   hw/ppc/e500: fix broken snapshot replay

I can not tell if replay-record is important for stable. Nick ?

It seems to have been broken in many ways for long enough that
nobody was really using it (at least on pseries). Maybe e500
because an issue was filed for that and the fix looked small.

or something else?

These are :

    target/ppc: Flush inputs to zero with NJ in ppc_store_vscr
    target/ppc: Fix LQ, STQ register-pair order for big-endian

Yes definitely these two.

The "LQ, STQ on big-endian" has been Cc'd to stable so I picked it
up right away.  I now also added

  ppc/vof: Fix missed fields in VOF cleanup
  hw/ppc/e500: fix broken snapshot replay
  target/ppc: Flush inputs to zero with NJ in ppc_store_vscr

to the mix, and also put a few of decrementer on hold to check
later.

Thank you!

/mjt