qemu-riscv

Guaranteed way to identify whether an application is running under qemu-

From: Ivan Serdyuk
Subject: Guaranteed way to identify whether an application is running under qemu-linux-user + nspawn (JeOS)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:35:55 +0200

Hi there.

I was trying to figure out a proper way to identify whether an application is running under rv64gc build of JeOS (currently using https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:RISC-V - but I could try other "container OS" builds, as well).

There is an open issue, for Bazel, out here - so I might be able to submit a patch, for supporting such an environment.

I am stuck on finding a proper way to identify that I am running something under qemu-linux-user : checking /proc/cpuinfo would provide the info about my host OS (OpenSUSE), not the JeOS.

Please advise something concrete.

CC'ing to Andreas Schwab and Adrian Schröter.

Thanks in advance.
Ivan