quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch v2 26/26] Man page: rewrite discussion of QUILT_C

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch v2 26/26] Man page: rewrite discussion of QUILT_COLORS configuration variable
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 18:28:57 +0200

Hi Branden,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 12:00:34 -0500, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> No particular comments on this one except to say that I've read through
> all of them (except 01/26, which didn't appear in my inbox) and
> everything looks good to me.
>
> Did you have any other questions pending for me?  groff maintenance and
> development has grown into quite an avocation for me over the past few
> years and this patch series was quite the walk down memory lane.  I'm
> happy to report that even though I've learned a tremendous amount since
> then, I don't think I quite managed to embarrass myself.
>
> Well, maybe the `schar` thing... X-)

Thanks for the review. I think I managed to answer most of the pending
questions already, and you provided useful comments so I'm confident
that the series is now good enough to be committed. It's certainly not
perfect but fine tuning can always be done later, rather than delaying
this huge patch set again.

The next big step would be to fix the processing of the man page
snippets which are generated from the help text of individual quilt
commands, so that they meet the level of technical quality that has now
been set for the remainder of the manual page.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support