qvm86-devel

Re: [qvm86-devel] QVM86 tests on Windows XP Host

From: CoMiKe
Subject: Re: [qvm86-devel] QVM86 tests on Windows XP Host
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:53:35 +0200

On 4/18/05, Filip Navara <address@hidden> wrote:

> At first I would like to thank you for testing...

No problem at all, I thank you for porting qvm86 to Windows.

> Can you please tell me which compiler version have you used (output of
> "gcc -v" and "ld --version")?

[prompt]>gcc -v
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --with-gcc --with-gnu-ld
--with-gnu-as --host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --prefix=/mingw
--enable-threads --disable-nls --enable-languages=c++,f77,objc
--disable-win32-registry --disable-shared --enable-sjlj-exceptions
Thread model: win32
gcc version 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1)

[prompt]>ld --version
GNU ld version 2.13.90 20030111

I should download the latest MinGW32 version, this one is problably
outdated. :-)

> I'll try these systems myself sometimes soon...I know pretty much
> nothing works ATM and there seems to be some problem with delivering
> page faults (they look just fine in QVM86 traces, but in the OS and
> user-mode QEMU part I'm getting page faults at address 0x52 and 0)...
>
> In any case the host system shouldn't crash and that's something I
> consider as a real problem. Would it be possible for you to mail me
> privately the contents of your C:\WINDOWS\Minidump folder (see
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263/?sd=RMVP&fr=1 for details)?

I'll make a new test and send you the zipped contents of Minidump
folder after the crash :-\ to your mail address.

Greetings!
Mike (Míguel)