Re: [RP] program bar idea

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] program bar idea
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:12:19 -0800

>Revise C-tw so the window list "scales" nicely... kinda of like the mailbox
>listing in pine.  or mutt.  *then*, let user cursor up and down etc, hit
>enter to go to that window directly or esc to make it disappear with no
>change.  And then I shut up about alt-tab compatibility coz suddenly
>we'll have something much niftier :>  Of course, vi hjkl cursor movement
>in the menu would work as well as the arrow keys.

Hmm. Seems like a lot of work and I can't say I'd ever use it. I think
screen-like behavior should be enforced as much as possible. As we
move more towards a unix style ala rppager you should be able to write
a helper app that does this.

>When I use ratpoison, I keep wanting to use vi keystrokes.  For instance,
>C-t/foo takes me to window matching "foo"... C-t/b* pops up list of all
>windows matching that, then use cursor movement to select window, as above.
>Then there is C-tNn and C-tNp where N is an integer... C-t3n for instance.
>It feels natural to my vi trained fingers. *sigh*

Doesn't feel natural to my emacs trained fingers :).

>If I did these, does anyone object to them going into the main tree?  I'd hate
>to have to maintain them as separate patches.

Perhaps hold off, and you may be able to maintain them as seperate
utils...but of course I should put code where my mouth is.