Re: [RP] exec program argument

From: James Leigh
Subject: Re: [RP] exec program argument
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:09:42 -0400

I am not always using X.  Some times I am just typing away in tty1.  I do
use the X a lot and if I am working from tty1 and I wanted to start
netscape I could type:
$ xinit `which sh` -c "((ratpoison &) ; netscape ; ratpoison -k)"
and X would close after netscape is done, but I would rather simply type:
$ xinit `which ratpoison` -e netscape

I am okay without this feature, but I thought that it might not be to hard
to fork twice at the begining of the program, one to exec the shell program
and another to waitpid and call the ratpoison -k command.
  Sometime I want to start an arbitrary program up in a new X, and I
could/have written a script to ad in the proccess.  It just seemed like a
feature that should be included, thats all.

cheers!
james