Re: [RP] s/xterm/rxvt/g

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] s/xterm/rxvt/g
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:11:23 +0200

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:39:22AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Whereas xterm is buggy and doesn't play nicely with ratpoison
> (at least on my systems), and rxvt does, how about substituting
> rxvt for xterm throughout the source tree?  The patch is trivial,
> so I supply it here:

In what way does xterm behave funny for you?

One of the reasons that xterm is choosen is that it exists on almost all
systems. Rxvt or gnome-terminal (which hides the ratcursor) might be better but
they are not half as common.

Of course I still have the opinion that all xterm-depending code should be
removed all together. (I have never used it.)