Re: [RP] 1.1.0 Beta?

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] 1.1.0 Beta?
Date: Sat Jan 26 17:02:03 2002

Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> writes:

> At Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:00:29 -0800,
> Shawn <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > We've added quite a few new commands and iddy biddy features. It would
> > be nice to get these out to a wider audience in hopes to expose any
> > lurking malfunctionality concerning X programs we have not yet
> > encountered and therefore tested.
> >
> > How do you find stability? Are there stability concerns anyone has
> > before I release a beta?
> >

> Well, there is the Linux/PPC bug, which isn't fixed in latest CVS yet
> (see my posting from a few days ago). It might not be a problem for a
> beta, it should be fixed in 1.1.0 proper.
>
> OTOH, there is a patch, but it's ugly :(

Yes I just couldn't use that patch and get to sleep at night...so...

I've made a patch to CVS that could/should fix it. It uses va_copy (or
__va_copy, which ever is available) to make a copy of the va_list each
time vsnprintf is called in xvsprintf.

It works on my i386 system...but I never had a problem on this machine
in the first place...