Re: [RP] Re: Mozilla Trouble

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Mozilla Trouble
Date: Fri Oct 24 16:40:01 2003

"Bryan K. Walton" <address@hidden> writes:

> Back in April of 2003, Karl Eklund posted a message to this list about
> troubles with Mozilla (compiled with GTK 2) running in Ratpoison.  In
> short, he had a problem where:
>
> "Sometimes Mozilla stops responding to keyboard input and nothing
>  happens when things are selected from the menus. Clicking on
>  hyperlinks and buttons works."
>
> The link for this message thread is at:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1996607&forum_id=4261
>
> I am having a similar problem.  I have noticed identical
> symptoms/problems with Firebird compile for GTK2.  It doesn't matter
> whether I compile it myself, or download a GTK2 version from Mozilla's
> website, I suffer the same problem.  It also happens with versions
> 0.6, 0.6.1, and 0.7.
>
> Did Karl, or anyone else, every achieve some sort of resolution for
> this problem?

I've been living with it. Yeah, it's there. WindowMaker doesn't have
it I've determined. I've been playing around to see what's going on,
but I haven't been able to find it yet. I have yet to look at the
Mozilla source, though. Perhaps that will make things clear.

My fix at the moment is C-t - then C-t C-t.

Shawn