Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison script to show all windows

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison script to show all windows
Date: Mon Nov 17 18:03:28 2003

> curframe=`ratpoison -c windows | grep "^[0-9]*\*" | sed -e
> "s/^\([0-9]*\).*/\1/"`

Yes, that looks like the best possible regexp, and sorry about the
potentially misleading aspect of my bugfix.

Its almost always better to be as specific as possible (`[0-9]'
rather than `.').

> restarting all X11 applications used in the last ratpoison session
> within the same window/frame/group layout) for ratpoison via an
> external script (which could be plumbed into rp as a startup
> command and shutdown hook).

Nice proposal! (I like it especially now that I'm stuck working on a
lab computer that I have to log out of fairly often.)

Joe