[RP] Re: ratpoison script to show all windows (fwd)

From: Caleb Shay
Subject: [RP] Re: ratpoison script to show all windows (fwd)
Date: Mon Nov 17 19:59:11 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Joe Corneli wrote:

> > Whoa, isn't this what Apple charges $129 for :)

<snip>

> Joe
>
> PS. BTW if you really want to "emulate" Expos?, a keypress of 1-n
> should give you the ith window.

My slightly hacked version that does just that (but is limited to 9
windows).

just change the ratpoison commands that come after the while loop to read:

ratpoison -c "select $curframe"
echo "Restore window layout... "
ratpoison -c "windows"
read -n1 i
ratpoison -c "frestore `ratpoison -c 'getenv tmp'`"
ratpoison -c "select ${i}"

I put the script in ~/.ratpoison/expose and added

bind F12 exec xterm -e ~/.ratpoison/expose

to my .ratpoisonrc, now <escape> F12 shows me all my windows and a list of
them by title, pressing the corresponding windows puts me back where I was
but with the selected window in front and focused.

Caleb