Re: JNPatch problem [Was: Re: [RP] Re: poundbang]

From: Joshua Neuheisel
Subject: Re: JNPatch problem [Was: Re: [RP] Re: poundbang]
Date: Tue Mar 9 05:33:01 2004

From: "Patrick Goldmann"
> sorry to disappoint you, but xterm works just fine. i built it
with --with-xft=Courier, didn't work either.
> also, i have those bitstream fonts installed, if you were thinking that
they are missing.
> just one question: deffont 6x13 spits out an error message, but so does
deffont Courier. should i use something else?

This is a bug.  I've fixed it and updated the patch link on the wiki.  Now
"deffont Courier" won't spit out errors, but this may not fix your original
issue of not seeing the right glyphs.

I also thought of something else: my testing has all been against a version
of Xft that uses freetype version 2.  Do you have freetype version 1 or 2
installed?

Joshua