Re: [RP] horizontal/vertical split

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] horizontal/vertical split
Date: Sun Apr 18 23:47:02 2004

   But ratpoison's commands correspond nicely with vim commands :-)
   (vsplit = C-w v)
   Maybe the native speakers should tell us if they would
   call this a "vertical split".
   Greetings
   Sven

Well, one thing I can tell you is that it took me a *lot* of
training to remember that M-x split-window-horizontally makes this
happen.

   >     +---------------+---------------+
   >     |               |               |

Even after that started to make sense to me, I confess that at least
half the time I would say offhandedly that this window was "split in
half vertically" or at the very least "vertically split in half".

Joe