Re: [RP] RP freezes and crashes after `C-t : defwinname RET'

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [RP] RP freezes and crashes after `C-t : defwinname RET'
Date: Wed Aug 25 17:42:19 2004

Quoth Alexander Voeltz on or about 2004-08-25:
> Hi,
>
> I run ratpoison 1.3.0 under Debian.
>
> When I start ratpoison without a `~/.ratpoisonrc' file present,
> then (before doing anything else) type `C-t : defwinname RET',
> ratpoison freezes for 5-10 seconds (i.e., nothing happens, no keys are
> recognized), and crashes after that, throwing me back to my XDM prompt.

I run RP (customized) on Debian, so I may be able to help.

* What version of XFree86 are you running?

* Can you compile with debugging turned on, and send (me | the list)
the output when RP crashes?

(If you need a walkthru to enable debugging, i'll post one)

-trent