Re: [RP] paste into colon prompt?

From: Kevin Geiss
Subject: Re: [RP] paste into colon prompt?
Date: Thu Oct 7 12:15:19 2004

C-y works for me, on gentoo linux with Trent's patchset applied, and on Mac OS X from fink both.

I tried it with both the 'regular' clipboard (i.e., the one you use when you highlight something with the rodent then hit middle button) and the other one (the one you use when you hit ctl-c and ctl-v in newer apps). I forget the real names for the two; anyway it pasted from the first one, not the second one.

(I actually used gvim for the test, since it can yank/put with either clipboard explicitly)

now if we could get vim-style editing and pasting for the colon prompt... :) seriously, though, I'm happy with C-y for now