Re: [RP] 9x15bold font?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] 9x15bold font?
Date: Thu Oct 7 17:10:08 2004

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

>    "Asterius Pandoras" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > I had the following error: ratpoison: cannot load font 9x15bold.
>    > So it appears I can't start it. I'm using Accelerated-X and have only
>    > regular 9x15 fonts. Will I be able to use Ratpoison with those? If so,
>    > what files do I have to edit and their location? Thank.
>
>    Have you tried changing the font in your .ratpoisonrc:
>
>    deffont 9x15

After looking at the source, this will not work. At the moment you'll
have to rebuild ratpoison and edit conf.h to change the default
font. I'm not sure what the best way to solve this problem is. The
easy solution would be to check the RP_FONT environment variable and
if it exists, use that as the default font. But then what's the point
of deffont in the rc file? Convenience I guess.

> Incidentally (or not), I've found that I have to source my
> .ratpoisonrc again after startup to get a non-standard font to "kick
> in".  By contrast, defpadding and defborder work fine for me:

Strange. I don't have that problem. Do others have this issue? What
version are you running?

-Shawn